Wednesday, November 7, 2007

See you at the gas pumps

http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=202803523

I just got my formal annual performance review yesterday. I really like the performance review process here. I'm not sure that the process is confidential or not. But basically, they value peer reviews, not just manager's, which I think it's very different from other companies that I had worked with. We also do it on the quartery basis. The reason is that, we want to recognize any achievements as soon as possible.

I'm very happy with it. It proves that non-sense girl can be successful at work. It proves that you don't have to bullshit to be successful. It also proves that stealing bottle water from microkitchen everynight doesn't effect my performance.

I really like this comment from my manager. A quick glance, it looks like a very good comment, but if you think about it deeply, it seems pointless, and seems like i'm good at everything, but master of none. :P

"It's clear to see from Lisa's feedback that her strengths are many and diverse. I think Lisa's strengths probably even more diverse than the ones already discussed but haven't yet had a chance to show themselves because of the nature of the work we do in XXX"

2 comments:

Saran said...

Just to add one more thing -

Even though Lisa always take her friends to enjoy free meals that Google provides, she always delivers good work and stays late at her office almost everyday.

I think you deserve this positive comment from your supervisor. Very proud of you!

Pisit C said...

I'm jealous...